2018 FOOD PROGRAM
A TASTE OF DURHAM REGION
This year's breakfast is brought to you by Durham Tourism, featuring a collaboration between the Art Gallery of Ontario and Durham College's W. Galen Weston Centre for Food. Durham Region is home to incredible farms, chefs, and retailers producing and using fresh, local produce mere kilometers from the big city!
With some of the richest soil in Ontario, a lake-moderated environment for growing and strong partnerships with all partners in the supply chain, Durham boasts a thriving agriculture sector that includes the province’s top apple producer and the largest commercial blueberry grower east of Toronto.
Here's a sneak peek of what you can expect...
- Kendal Hills Game Farm Chicken and Waffles with Candied Peameal Bacon and Purplewoods Maple Syrup
- Bistro ’67 Granola and Crosswind Farms Goat Yogurt Parfait
- Live activation featuring Egg Farmers of Canada
WORLD FOOD COURT
Curated by SURESH DOSS
This year’s lunch is about highlighting the global flavours found in Toronto's suburbs. From Brampton to Scarborough, food writer Suresh Doss has curated a selection of mom and pop shops that serve up authentic food from all corners of the world.
Toronto’s multicultural food prowess is best experienced when you leave the downtown core and visit the various micro neighbourhoods. Nearly every corner of the globe is represented in strip malls and tucked away shops, where mom n’ pop shops double as portals to cuisine from a specific time and place. The goal of the lunch program is to bring this uptown culture to the city.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY CACAO BARRY
Cacao Barry started its quest to produce extraordinary chocolate flavours 175 years ago.
This journey continues at Terroir, where talented chefs from Toronto are invited to create a unique
dessert experience with Cacao Barry chocolates.
Exclusive sneak preview:
Callebaut's RB1 Ruby chocolate
Immerse yourself in its ruby colour and lose yourself in the intense fruitiness and fresh sour notes from the ruby cocoa bean.
THE AFTER PARTY
HOSTED BY THE WALRUS PUB & BEER HALL
Join us after the Symposium to keep the good Terroir times rollin'! Experience this delightfully modern proper pub along with complimentary canapes and an oyster bar. Craft beer, wine + cocktails from our partners will be flowing throughout the event!
ALL DELEGATES ARE WELCOME. PLEASE BRING YOUR NAME TAG FOR ENTRY.
TERROIR VIP RECEPTION
PRESENTED BY OCEAN WISE
HOSTED AT RIPLEY'S AQUARIUM OF CANADA
Speakers, sponsor and media are invited to join us for a reception to remember featuring 100% Canadian sourced seafood. What better way to sample Ocean Wise recommended seafood than under the sea at Ripley's Aquarium of Canada?
To support Plastic Wise, Ocean Wise's new global initiative to combat ocean plastics, this event will be free of single-use plastics.
Here's a preview of what you can expect from Ocean Wise partners:
- Fresh shucked Glacier Bay cultured oysters by Shucker Mic aka Paddy Jr. of Ceili Cottage
- Butter poached Ontario shrimp from Aylmer by Kristin Donovan of Hooked Inc.
- Wild Canadian black cod with sturgeon caviar by Daniel Duketovsky of Gusto 54
- Wild Sockeye salmon tartare by Laura Maxwell of Le Select Bistro
- Torched albacore tuna with wild leeks by Ned Bell from Ocean Wise and students from Centennial College
- Hand-line caught Atlantic cod from Fogo Island, Newfoundland by Murray McDonald from The Ritz Carlton