Made by Canadians for Canadians, Canola is a 100% Canadian Crop.
Canola is a 100% Canadian crop that is farmed by more than 43,000 Canadian farmers. Developed by scientists at the University of Manitoba, canola is part of the brassica family. A crucifer, other brassica plants include brussel sprouts, broccoli, mustard, cabbage, cauliflower and turnips.
Low in saturated fat with zero trans fat & cholesterol, canola is also high in Omega 3, Omega 6 and monounsaturated fats, making it a healthy and locally produced cooking oil.
Great as a dressing, in baking or cooking savoury foods, canola is a unique Canadian crop that helps support thousands of farmers across Canada. Looking to incorporate more Canadian ingredients into your diet or menu? Choose canada's crop, canola.
Looking for new ways to use canola? Get inspired by some tasty recipes courtesy of Canolaeatwell.com :
- Baby Kale, Butternut Squash, Brussels Sprout & Bacon Salad
- Roasted Sweet Pepper Salad with Toasted Cumin, Hemp Seeds, Chickpeas & Sundried Tomatoes
-Shaved Asparagus Spring Salad
- The Tourtiere Bowl
- Kohlrabi Fries
- Smoked Salmon and Dill Pierogies
- Spaghetti Squash Pancakes
- Bomboloni de Nutella
- Honey Cream Cheese Blackberry Thyme Galette
- Steamed Summer Berry & Canola Pudding with Mint & Vanilla Ice Cream